When analyzing saccharides in food, it is necessary to remove the substances besides saccharides before the analysis. This procedure is called as sample pretreatment.
Here, the analysis result of saccharides in food using SUGAR SP0810 is shown together with the sample pretreatment procedure.
(Sample pretreatment for roast sweet potato)
1) Make paste of the sample using a food-prcessor.
2) Put the paste in a beaker and add pure water to make 50-fold solution.
3) Extract the substances from the paste into water using an ultrasonic vibrator for 30 minutes.
4) Filtrate the solution with a paper filter (No.5B) to remove the paste.
5) Pass through a 0.45μm membrane filter before injecting into HPLC.
Sample : Roast sweet potato
Columns : Shodex SUGAR SP-G 6B (6.0mmI.D. x 50mm) + SP0810 (8.0mmI.D. x 300mm) x 2 Eluent : H2O Flow rate : 0.4mL/min Detector : Shodex RI Column temp. : 80°C